February 9, 2009
Mostly stability work this week, with several crashers and layout tests fixed. For a status report, see: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/StabilizeTrunk?ts=1229629370&updated=StabilizeTrunk
- Mac Update
- Creating and destroying tabs (renderer process is getting created/destroyed)
- shutting down is working properly
- plugins are loading things (callbacks are working correctly) but not displaying
- close to having visible bits on the screen, jrg is working on telling the renderer to draw
- bits are traveling across the wire but it hasn't been tested so we'll know once the renderer is drawing
- Linux Update
- Displays a window and a toolbar
- Pieces are in place for bits on the wire
- Displays flash without glitches (woo dean!) in window'ed mode
Not much work on the new network stack, one crasher fixed and one security bug under investigation. Wan-teh is also starting work on supporting NTLM auth. On the stability front, the build is more stable this week in terms of renderer crashes (200 different stack traces at the beginning of last week, but only 45 stack traces on Friday). In the build area, maruel disabled incremental linking for 32-bit OSes (Vista 64 users not affected) because things grew too large. WebCore is moving into its own DLL, should help. Rahul and Pam are Sheriff and Deputy this week, be nice to them by keeping the tree green.
- Darin, Pam and Brett are doing the merge this week.
- Continuing to unfork. About 64 files forked, and starting to upstream V8 bindings, which account for a large number.
- Stability push: doing very well on layout tests, but accumulation of crashers is bringing stability of dev channel down. If you can fix a crasher, please help!