Highlighted Child pages
Chromium development places a high premium on tests. In order to maintain a rapid rate of development across multiple platforms and an ever increasing set of features, it is imperative that test suites be updated, maintained, executed, and evolved. The Chromium Continuous Integration system is employed to run these tests 24x7
Developers contributing code are expected to run all tests. This is not typically feasible on a single workstation, so try servers
are used. When contributing code, consider whether your change has enough testing. If it is a new feature or module, it should almost certainly be accompanied by tests.
Test Development Infrastructure
To assist with building tests, several pieces of infrastructure exist. Here are some tools you might find useful:
- chrome/test/automation - Chromium includes a mechanism for driving the browser through automation. This is primarily used with the UI tests.
- gtest - Google Test is Chromium's C++ test harness.
- image_diff - A mechanism for comparing bitmaps.
Inducing a crash
This can be useful to test breakpad:
- about:crash - will cause a renderer crash.
- about:inducebrowsercrashforrealz - will cause a browser crash.